Thursday, February 24, 2005

Blogging

 
Blogging is sometimes a very tedious thing. It is difficult to actually find the right thing to write about. There are times when it flows like water then there are times when there seems to be a wall blocking the flow. 

When I first started bloggin again I was practically writing something every single day no matter how totally absurb the postings are but nowadays I tend only to blog every other day and even then I have so much trouble finding stuff to blog. I'm never sure whether or not to blog all my inner secrets, desires, angers and troubles as no matter how much I want to open up when I blog, there is still a part of me preventing me doing so as I know that sooner or later people whom I know will read what I blog. 

This brings me to the reason why I am actually writing this. Should I just let my guard down and blog everything here or should I start a new anonymous blog and spill all the beans there or just maintain what I've been doing for the last few months. What a difficult decision... 

4 Comments:

Blogger Invalid_username said...

There are no RIGHT or WRONG things to write about. You just go ahead and write what's bugging you or making you happy at that precise moment. People should understand that we all change and what's pissing me off today might not be a problem tomorrow. Try not to be so worried about what other people think of you.

6:53 PM  
Blogger dezy said...

I think it all depends on what you want to write. Generally because it's your blog, you can write whatever you want - what happened in your day, what's bugging you, what's making your happy, your thoughts on life - although I think you have to consider your audience (i.e. do your parents read it - ha ha?!?). I think most of the ppl who go on your site are friends like Mel and umm me so there's no need to feel that we would be judgemental - because we are your friends.

Just write whatever you feel like, whenever you feel like! There's no deadline, there's no pressure, there's no hurry.

The other thing that you can do is - take inspiration from other people's blogs. You don't have to copy them but you can take the ideas from their sites and incorporate them in your own way - Tuan has a diary format, Bert has a mixture of diary and interesting articles that he comes across, Sam & Esther have a diary format with some insight into Philippino life.

In the end, you decide what you want to do to reveal. For me, I use mine to keep in touch with my family and friends who I can't meet up with regularly (although I think only my uncle and you ever visit!) with some of my thoughts and what's going on with my life. And I have another one where I just keep for film reviews.

So you choose. Not everyone can play like Chelsea so choose another style. Bolton, Birmingham, Middlesbrough - it doesn't matter!!!

If it helps, I know what you feel like. It was exactly how I felt after I tried to post a blog on every single day of January! I also knew that this might happen when I started so I resolved to try to post a blog a week but most of the time, I find I can blog more than that (if I have the time and energy). Just be observant and you can find many, many topic to blog about! It's just a matter of memory retention!!

Hope all that helps!

11:40 PM  
Blogger alvint said...

mel - dun stop... i need things to read. U r the few that actually updates your blog.

mrsa - thanx for the advise and also thanx for dropping by.. nvr knew there are ppl i dunno readin my blog.

Dez - alwiz the one with loads of advise.. thanx dude. You also dun stop bloggin k

9:09 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

its tough when you lose anonymity because when unknown you are free to disclose concerns closest to your heart.

keep writing. keep writing as though you don't have a care in the world. trust me. it'll show in your work. It'll ooze with sincerity.

6:35 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home