Tuesday, June 15, 2004

Was having a talk with my colleague Stephanie regarding how guys treat girls earlier on. She was complaining about us male species and asking why guys act so 'dai fong' or generous(for those who do not understand cantonese). She was saying that her guy friends always insist on paying for stuff/dinner eventhough they are broke. They act ever so generous and although the other party won't mind paying

That got me thinking. Let me talk about the male species first. I know guys who are like the type Stephanie's refering to and guys who are totally opposite and who won't pay shit. I do agree that there are guys even myself, want to stick to the older customs where guys pay for dinner, open doors, carry bags etc etc. I think this was refered to as being a gentleman. And then I know guys who won't even be bothered a single bit allowing a girl to pay the full amount. Worse still would be when they'll just sit there and not even offer to pay. This kind of guys, I have no respect for. Even if they don't want to pay at least act a bit.

But in this day of age, women want to have more equal opportunities. The want to hold same position, same pay, same rights as guys which I do not have a complain about that cause I think fairs fair. They also want to pay for their own meal, carry their own bags. Well I don't see any problems with that too but what I don't like is when some girls contradict themselves. For example,when a guy treats dinner, they will go "why pan tai fong" ( but when a guy doesn't want to treat they go "why so kou hon" (stingy) and start telling her gf's that the guy is useless. Another example is when opening door for girl, they'll go "wahh so getleman but not as if i cannot open myself" but when don't open, then a guy is un-gentleman.

Its so hard to please everyone. Sometimes I don't know what a girl expects from a guy. Can someone tell me....

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Tey, ah, Tey, sometimes I don't know what I want. I really do pity you guys, sometimes. OOPS, can hear those feminists out there snorting at me :) Anyway, I'm happy both ways. Treating guys and letting guys treat me. I have no qualms paying for some of my guy colleagues and some of them have no qualms paying for me. Maybe it's just me. I'm chin-chai. I'm happy that someone pays for my makan sometimes, just need to make sure I return the favour! :) -SY-

2:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home