Monday, August 16, 2004

Decisions! Decisions!


 
Guess what? I just got a job offer.
 
Before I go on..let me just explain how this came about.. Friday nite my dad called me up to inform me that he has an interview on Sunday. For you information, my dad has been retired for 6 years. The reason he is applying for a job is because he is bored stiff at home.
 
Anyway back to Sunday.. Morning went out breakfast with parents then sent my dad to Summit for his meeting with the Director. Mom and I went over to Giant just to walk walk. Being that we are who we are, my mom and I ended up buying stuff ie clothes, fruits etc although the nite before we were at Carrefour and bought stuff as well.
After buying our stuff, we were just getting into the car when my dad called me up to say that the director wanted to meet me. I was like WHAT!! I'm in shorts but he said she didn't mind
 
Well drove over to Summit and met the Director... Managing Director to be exact. First of all I'm going to describe the MD. She is like in her early 50's, big 70's glasses, blouse that my grandma would wear. Walkin pass her down the street you would never have guessed she was a MD. Never judge a book by its covers. Anyway the company she works for is involved in various stuff from agricuture to Hotel but is a chinaman company.
 
She told me that she was looking for sales and marketing executive. Talked to me awhile. I ask her about the job function. Told me it would have to do with cocoa and I would be based in Tawau for 2 weeks each mth. Tawau... who have any idea how Tawau is like please do inform me. Then gave me an application form to fill up and begin the process of interviewing the next person.
 
Filled it up and she then offered me the position on the spot. Then I told her I would have to consider it as it involves being in Tawau. The pay that she is offering is actually just a bit lower than what I'm getting but I'm not sure what kind of future I would have in the company. Is there a market for cocoa? Is it a good market?
 
If there are anyone with some good advise, please feel free to contact me. I dunno what to do. Haiiii.....
 

3 Comments:

Blogger sze said...

I don't know how to advise about job stuff but Tawau should be a nice place with pretty Kadazan girls hehe. Pray about it tailou!

1:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

wow,cool stuff.pray abt it leh. will keep u in prayers too ;)

1:23 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~SY
Screw KL, tey!!! come work with me in agilent. pay damn good, benefits damn good, getting increment soon liao, and it's only been 1 month ;) and october is our end of financial year, so getting profit sharing then ;)

6:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home