Tuesday, August 10, 2004

MEMORY

 
 
I think I'm coming down with 'Lou Yan Chi Ngoi Peng' and I'm only 26. Shit. Die. Help me! For those who do not know what I am saying, 'Lou Yan Chi Ngoi Peng' losely translate into Old People Memory Sickness.
 
Why do I say I'm suffering from it? This comes from the fact that my memory is getting very very bad. An example of this is when I went to the garden centre the other day to look for some ceramic stands which are use to put flower pots on, I couldn't remember what the heck a flower pot was called in cantonese. I was like standing there like a 'dungu' who then decided to point towards one. The saleman must have thought I was a total twat for not knowing what it is called.
 
There are actually a lot more of instances when I can't remember the words not only in cantonese but also in English. Simple words like 'Present', 'Ironic' and the list goes on.
 
If anyone knows what I can do to fix this, I would truly appreciate it.
 

3 Comments:

Blogger sze said...

It's ok tai lou. There's been instances when I was pointing at a watermelon, kept calling it 'tembikai' and I couldn't remember what the hell it was called either in Cantonese, mandarin or english.

It started at primary 2 when I had my english oral and I couldn't name a FIELD when I saw the picture.

I digress. But should be ok lar - don't be too kancheong!

11:30 PM  
Blogger alvint said...

But but it doesn't happen like once awhile... happens quite often... arghhh

9:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ah tey!!!!!!!! you damn cute and damn farnie lah =) eat fish-brain food. at least that's what my engineer says! :) -SY- oh, BTW, i'll be lucky if i get to go shopping when i'm in US. damn stressed oredi now!

11:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home