Thursday, June 17, 2004

Recently I made a discovery. I'm not only allergic to Paracetamol aka Panadol but now I'm allergic to bufren and if I'm not wrong, to ponstan. Sheesh now I don't have any off the counter medicine that I can take if I'm having a fever or headache. I discovered this because the last time I took a bufren when I had headache, my eyes transformed into gold fish eyes, the area around my eyeballs were swollen to a size as big as a pingpong ball. I look so bad that I was forced by my office to take a MC. It was so hilarious cause my female colleagues wouldn't even look at me straight to the face cause I look so in their own words 'EEEEEE'.

And now due to this, I don't know what I can take when I fall ill. Was told that there are some available by God knows what name but would have to get a prescription to buy it from hospitals and would cost a bomb. If anyone out there has a similar problem, please advice. The next thing I need to do is contact medic alert and get a new wrist chain with all my latest allergies. Ish..more money down the drain. Anyone need a part time worker.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey dude. I suffer from the same thing too - allergies to certain medication! Why don't you get your blood checked for ALL the allergies you have. If I remember correctly, that's what I did when I was young, say in Std 3. I had this really high fever that landed me hospital. One thing led to another and now I have a medic alert chain around my neck. Let's see what it says: Asthma; allergy aspirin, amoxil, penicillin, voltaren. Haven't had an asthma attack in the last 5yrs though.

There was a period when I couldn't take Panadol, but they gave me an alternative. A pink-coloured tablet abt the same size as Panadol. Dunno what it's called though. But anyway, surprisingly, I am ok with Panadol now. Who knows, mebbe the allergies will go away. Then I can chuck this ugly chain away. Hope you'll find a solution though. God bless! jen-son

3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nothing on you is ugly,dearest :) -SY-

6:59 PM  
Blogger alvint said...

eeeeee yok mah man ...

8:53 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home