Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Job

 
I've finally decided to decline the job offer from Teck Guan in Tawau. This is after much deliberation and discussion with my parents. For one it is a chinaman company and secondly the benefits are shite. Anyway back to my quest for a better job.
 
Last week a friend of mine called me up to find out if I was interested in working for Digi who were hiring Project Implementation Execs. She didn't even need to explain and I said yes and immediately sent in my resume. I was waiting impatiently to find out if I would be called for an interview and then yesterday she did call me up but not to invite me to an interview. She called to inform me that the HR department thought I was over-qualified. OVER-QUALIFIED!!! Can you bloody believe it.
 
How can I be over-qualified? How? How? How? I was like tellin her that I don't think I am over qualified and I want the job but she was sayin that she can't do anything. Apparently the HR people are scared that I would get to bored with the work and quit within a few months. Come on people, you haven't even hired me and you are thinking that I would quit.
 
I wonder if it is my resume. Maybe I should not put to many projects that I am involved with in it. It is screwing up my chances. Could it be due to this fact that I haven't been called to many interview since i started looking or should I say any interviews. SHIT!!!! Pissed off!!!
 
OVER-QUALIFIED my ASS!!!
 

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~SY
see, i told you you're a smart fella! digi thinks you're overqualified! but hey, that means they are impressed with your resume. wanna try agilent? ;) we are in need of IT personnel in the HR dept. HR dept plenty of girls. if u want to hang out with the blokes, come to my dept :P

7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't think he wants to go Penang work lar SY :P but Al, if u can get a job in agilent, u should though :)

3:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

errr, btw that previous comment was posted by Damian :P

3:56 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home