Thursday, December 30, 2004

Tsunami

 
As you all should know that last weekend there was a big earthquake that happen in the Aceh Province in Indonesia that contributed to one of the biggest disasters in years. Many lives has been lost due to this. The number of death is rising as the day goes by and it is predicted that the number would go above the 100k. 

When I came in to the office today the first thing I did was read the latest headlines. So many people had perished. Beaches which were once serine and beautiful has now become a disease infected slum. Peoples life and belongings has been destroyed. It will take years and millions for things to get back to how it was. 

Anyway my cousin sent me some video clips which were taken by people who were at the scene of the disasters. While watchin it my heart was just filled with great sadness and sorrow. Tears nearly rolled out of my eyes while watchin it. How can an earthquake thousand of miles away create so much havoc? I found out that some African countries were also affected by this. 

Watching the clips made me realise that how unpredictable life is? People nowadays are only busy making more money and not cherishing the people around them. I have come to the conclusion that I will cherish my family and friends more. I will take life easier one day at a time and learn to enjoy it instead of worryin too much about making more money. 

I would like to take this opportunity to send my condolences to all that has lost their loved ones. I pray that God would bless them and bring them peace and also guide them to pickup their lifes once again. 

And here is a little request from me. If you are able to please do contribute to the Tsunami Fund. It doesn't matter what amount you contribute and every little sen counts. Maybank has set up the following Maybank Accounts, No. 114013169092 and No. 514011389072 for the Fund. For more information please go to Maybank2U and click on the Tsunami Relief Banner. 

Would just like to thank you all who have contributed and I will continue praying that things would get better soon for everyone.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home