Friday, June 18, 2004

I met the most interesting person not too long ago. I met a CEO of multiple companies. I was invited to meet him for an informal interview for a sales and marketing position although I do not have a hint of experience in this field.

Anyway first impression of him was good, well dressed, well groomed and YOUNG!! Come on he is on in his early 30's and has like 10 companies under his belt doing R&D on various market sector. He also has an animation company that does work with Disney and Pixar. He even has offices in UK, Thailand and soon to be China. And did I mention he is young. Oh and also he is a VC. How can someone be a VC at such a young age. He mentioned that he started his first company when he was 23 with 2 degrees without help from his parents. How can I not respect someone like this?

Well the so called interview went well, chatted with him for around 2 and half hours. Just talked about his product, his vision and his business philosophy. I don't think I'm allowed to reveal fully regarding his software product but it has something to do with the printing industry and I have not heard of such a product in the world right now. So I'm seriously interested in joining the company. He was sincere about what he was looking for and told me that his office environment is very care free. He says as long as the work you were ask to do is done to the best and on schedule ie 8 hours project done in 2 hours, he doesn't mind you taking the 6 hours to do your own stuff . Not like my company where every single minute is money money money. He feels that his staff are an asset and a part of his family. That is something respectable about a CEO. He not like companies who treat their staff as machines and squeeze every single thing out of them.

At the end of the day he mentioned that he would wanna see me again after discussing with his partner. Hopefully he does and if things work out I would be out of the programming life and into the challenging world of S&M (For those sad ppl out there S&M I mean is not referring to Sadoism & Machoism ok). And even if this doesn't work out, at least a have a someone I can add into my network of friends. Do pray for me regarding this ok.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home