Thursday, July 22, 2004

VIRUS AGAIN!!


 
I've been clearing virus/trojan from the server for 4 days already and finally it seems that I am winning the war. I'm so tired from running up and down the office whenever there is a new virus.
 
How you might ask can out servers be infected if we update our antivirus..well it is due to the incompetence of the previous person who is in-charge of the servers. It seems that there are some server which not only does not have the latest window patches (very important) but also does not have an updated antivirus list. It was 10 months ago that they last updated it. Come on. My dad's antivirus list is newer than theirs.
 
Anyway I so fed up of doing this. While running around I still had to deal with QA work, data patching for a customer in the US, Backup Procedures, Software Installations and last but not least support for one customer in Japan. This has been a very tiring week and there is still one more day to go. Hopefully tomorrow everything would be better and I can concentrate on my Citrix environment installation which I need to finish by tomorrow 230pm the latest.
 
OK time to get back to work. Still need to fix one more stupid server. Oh help me. Somebody. Need a drink tonite.. Luckily the gang is going out for a dinner and a drink at Soul Out. I really need it.
 

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home