Thursday, July 01, 2004

Ok its 3.40pm on a thursday, nothin has been done except for surfing and chatting. OK maybe an occasional attempt to actually do some work. The reason for this laziness is that there is like a gloomy cloud hanging over the team. There are only 4 of us working today. 3 on leave, 2 onsite and 1 on MC. Another reason for this is cause yesterday, 2 members of the family left the nest in search of greener pastures with juicier worms.

Penny and Wan has left us and although they have found jobs with better opportunities no one among us was happy about it. The EXE family has gone from a team of nearly 20 ppl to 10ppl and the numbers would slowly deteriote somemore. MunChoong would be leaving in August and only God knows who else would be leaving during the next few mths.

Actually I myself has been looking for a job. Some of you might be thinking, 'Alvin, didn't you just change jobs'. Well yeah this is my second job and come November I would have been working here for 2 years. How time flies? But I guess it is still not a good reason to be leaving right. Here is the main reason. Last week our MD came down to have a chat with the EXE team as one by one, ppl are leaving. His task was to find out the reason and to.. I guess reassure us, that are left that we have a future in SSA Global. Unfortunately, he failed to do so but instead decreased our confidence in the company. He kept on going that we have a future in SSA, that we can talk to the management regarding our aspirations and they would do watever it takes to make sure that comes true. Although that sounded hunky dorie, he also added that his position is only guaranteed for the next year. How reassuring can that be? I know he is tryin to be honest but who would actually say that to a team where the members are leaving one by one.

Well thats not the only thing he talked about. He tried to explain how the SSA business actually works. First of all let me tell you what SSA does. SSA is actually in the game of purchasing/acquiring/taking over companies which it sees as worthy, with the right technology. EXE is like the 5th or 6th company it has acquired in the last few years and there are more to come. OK back to the MD's explanation. He explained that as SSA keep on buying new companies, they would compare the current crop of workers with the new company they have bought over. If they decide that the current crop is not as good as the new one, then byebye. HELLO!!! Why are you telling us this? Don't you realise you are frightening us even more and encouraging us to look for a new job. Do you think I wanna wait here for you to sack me. I don't think so.

Anyway what am I to do? Look for a job lor although I know I would miss the ppl here if I left but I need to take care of myself since the management don't seem to be doing it. So ppl, do pray for me that I would get a new more stable job yeah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home