Monday, October 18, 2004

Show Me The Money


 
Money
Main Entry: mon·ey
Pronunciation: 'm&-nE
Function: noun
Inflected Form(s): plural moneys or mon·ies /'m&-nEz/
Usage: often attributive
Etymology: Middle English moneye, from Middle French moneie, from Latin moneta mint, money -- more at MINT
1 : something generally accepted as a medium of exchange, a measure of value, or a means of payment: as a : officially coined or stamped metal currency b : MONEY OF ACCOUNT c : PAPER MONEY
2 a : wealth reckoned in terms of money b : an amount of money c plural : sums of money : FUNDS
3 : a form or denomination of coin or paper money
 
_________________________________________________________________
 
Why do we need money? Why is money so important? Why can't one be happy without money? Why is everything getting so much expensive?
 
Where does all my money go to? It always like this.. I get my pay and after like a week I seem to be like out already. Why is that so? Not as if I buy a lot of things? Not as if I go out a lot but then it seems to happen every month. Broke. No money.
 
Anyone got any idea on what is happening? Anyone know of what I should do? Anyone know how to make more money? Does anyone know a lucky number I should buy so I can strike it rich?
 
Before I end, let me quote a few line from one of my favourite movies. It goes like this:-
 
 
Cuba Gooding Jr (Rod): That's what I'm gonna do for you. God bless you, Jerry. Now this is what you're gonna do for me. You listening?
 
Tom Cruise (Maguire): Yeah, yeah, what can I do for YOU, Rod?
 
Cuba Gooding Jr (Rod): It's a very personal, very important thing. Hell, it's a family motto. Now are you ready? Just checking to make sure you're ready here it is -- show me the money. OHHH!!!! SHOW! ME! THE! MONEY! Doesn't it make you feel good just to say that, Jerry? Say it with me one time brother!
 
Tom Cruise (Maguire): ....Show you the money.
 
Cuba Gooding Jr (Rod): Oh, come on, you can do better than that! I want you to say it brother with meaning! Hey, I got Bob Sugar on the other line I better hear you say it!
 
Tom Cruise (Maguire): Yeah, ye - no, show you the money!
 
Cuba Gooding Jr (Rod): AH! Not show YOU! Show ME the money!
 
Jerry Maguire: Show me the money!
 
Cuba Gooding Jr (Rod Tidwell): Yeah, that's it brother but you got to yell that shit!
 
Tom Cruise (Maguire): Show me the money!
 
Cuba Gooding Jr (Rod): Louder!
 
Tom Cruise (Maguire):SHOW ME THE MONEY!!
 
So people here is my wish for the day :-
 
"SHOW ME THE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!"

 

2 Comments:

Blogger alvint said...

cheers mate

2:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

~~~~~~~~~~~SY
NAH!!! (mo) copy and paste this in an MSN chat window ;)

3:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home