Thursday, January 20, 2005

Reading

 
I've always liked reading. I like the feelin of just taking out a book and sittin in a cafe or on the couch reading. Gettin engrossed with the world of make believe, leaving behind the problems of the world.  

Somehow through the pass few years I have stopped doing it. For some reason I have not really picked up a good book and read it although I have bought a few novels which are collecting dust. I've somehow just stuck to readin my magazines.  

You see I read a lot of gadget magazines ie Stuff and T3, and for those who really know me my cookery Mag ie Flavours. Whenever I am free I would just pick those up and read it. I guess that is the reason why I have not really sat down with a good book. Been trying very hard to actually start reading again but something is stopping me. I dunno wat.  

I recently bought a new novel called 'Tai Kor' which is about the journey of a man moving from the underground world to the legitimate business world. Anyway I bought it cause the story sounded intriguing. I also bought Bill CLinton's autobiography called 'My Life' which I read like 4 chapters and duly dumped it on my sidetable. 

The reason I'm writting this is cause I have made the decision to buy less of my magazines and put in a few hours ie 1-2 (its a start ok) a week just readin my books. Anyway todays posting is just a random entry that just came to mind. So please ignore me..HAHA  

"When we read a story, we inhabit it. The covers of the book are like a roof and four walls. What is to happen next will take place within the four walls of the story. And this is possible because the story's voice makes everything its own." 
* John Berger  

4 Comments:

Blogger dezy said...

Yeah, get back to it. You can always read some good Christian biographies if you want some inspiration.

Heavenly Man is excellent and really easy to go through. It actually reads more like a story book so once you get into it, the pages keep turning because you are dying to know what happened next! Recommended by Bert and Sam too! It made them both cry!!

12:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

dude...i decided to buy the bc book as well...hehe 2 dollars cheaper then when you bought it at borders. got mine during the xmas sale at myers. keep at it, i've been finding it a pretty good read.

6:48 PM  
Blogger alvint said...

mel - i think it is my dad...hahahhaa
dez - will get the book when I am done with the others
anonymous - first 4 chapters of bc was good... will definately find time to read it. Btw who are u?? keke

12:34 AM  
Blogger dezy said...

Or if you come up to Penang, I can just give it to you via my own 2 hands because I have a copy. Bought it last year from MPH. It always feels wasted on the bookshelf! And it nearly goes out of stock as soon as it comes in because the reputation is huge!!

Actually the author, Brother Yun, came to Komtar in Penang on Monday to give a testimony about what happened in his book. I missed it but a friend who went said you could see how passionate he was about the Lord.

1:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home